Structured Medication Review
We are pleased to invite you to a new service being delivered by the Clinical Pharmacist working at your GP surgery called Structured Medication Review.
Why Have a Structured Medication Review?
If you take long-term medication, it should be reviewed regularly to make sure you are getting the best out of your medicines. It is important to check that:
- Your medicines are working properly
- You are not suffering any side-effects
- You are taking the best medicines for your problemsM
- Also, we will ensure that any blood pressure checks, asthma reviews or blood tests that you need are up to date
Find Out More About Your Medicines
The review is an important chance for you to find out more about your medicines. You can:
- Tell a health professional how you feel about your treatment — are you happy with it?
- Understand more about what your medicines are for and how they will help your illness.
- Ask any questions about your medicines
Preparing For Your Medication Review
At your review please mention all your medicines. This includes:
- Herbal remedies and medicines you buy from your community pharmacy (chemist), health food shop or supermarket or online
- By medicines we mean: Anything you take including tablets, liquids, inhalers, creams, ointments and drops
You may want to make a list of questions. For example:
- How do my medicines work?
- Am I taking my medicines correctly?
- How do I know if they are helping me?
- Do I still need to take them?
- Why do I have to take so many tablets?
- What side-effects do they cause?